|Closing Date:||Tuesday 11th June 2019 – 12 noon|
|Interview Date:||Friday 14th June 2019|
|Contract/Hours:||Permanent – Term Time only|
|Salary Type:||EHCC / Support Staff|
|Salary Details:||Grade D FTE £20,830 – £23,711. Actual salary £14,199 – £15,958|
|Hours of Work:||28.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.45am-3.30pm. We may consider part-time (whole days) for the right candidate|
|Location of Role:||Cupernham Infant School, Bransley Close, Romsey, SO51 7JT|
|Start Date:||1st September 2019|
We are looking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant who can work in partnership with teachers to deliver planned learning activities to whole classes throughout our school. This will be to provide cover: PPA, leadership release time as well as for training needs or in the event of short term sickness.
It may be that this role will be based within Year R or Year 1 but this will depend upon the strengths of the right candidate.
There will be opportunities to lead intervention progression for which full training will be given.
There is potential for a suitably qualified person to progress to future School Direct training.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has achieved the HLTA Award or holds an equivalent qualification
• Is ambitious for all children to achieve & to enjoy their learning
• Is adaptable and self-motivated
• Is time efficient and competent in working to a busy time table
• Is keen to learn so as to gain confidence in adapting provision to meet children’s needs
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent communication skills
• Uses initiative to assess children’s learning needs and then provides effective feedback to inform provision
• Is sensitive, caring and a great listener
• Is calm, positive and patient and can thrive in a lively, active learning environment
In return we can offer:
• School based training & support such as to gain expertise in a new year group
• A happy, open and welcoming learning environment
• Strongly supportive colleagues with a huge drive and enthusiasm
• A creative, caring school in which all feel valued
The position will be subject to HCC safeguarding procedures and a successful DBS check.
Visits to our School are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit or request an application pack, please contact us:
Cupernham Infant School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks along with other relevant employment checks.