School Improvement Summary for 2016 – 2017
Outcomes for Children: Continue to enjoy learning and experiencing success!
- Children have increased opportunities to take responsibility throughout the school and to take an active part in improvements.
- Children who find writing most challenging are given additional supports to make stronger progress to reach or near age expectations.
- Children are able to apply skills successfully to a wider range of challenges in numeracy boosting progress, especially of the most able.
- Children are given more time & support to apply careful reflection and so boost learning, enjoyment and self-understanding.
- Children increase their social and collaborative skills both for learning, friendships and play.
- Children and their families know and apply measures to ensure e-safety and positive use of the internet/ social media.
Outcomes for Improving the Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment:
- Refine assessment measures in line with curriculum changes & new performance indicators for monitoring progress & attainment in Key Stage One.
- Develop staff’s knowledge & understanding of progression in calculation and of the necessary provision to promote skills mastery in number.
- Develop effective new methods & approaches to increase the progress and attainment of children who are least competent/ confident in writing.
- Ensure progress and enjoyment of reading continues to be a central feature of successful learning.
Outcomes to Increase the Effectiveness of Leadership & Management:
- Develop leadership at all levels throughout our school during a period of growth and change (including temporary roles, new Foundation Stage and Admin Team growth and career development including our involvement in Schools Direct teacher training).
- Develop new ways to monitor the impact of training and professional development for both individuals and school improvement.
- Improve the efficiency and impact of communication including by making improvements to our website.
- Develop new extended day provision so that it is successful and fun for the children and their families.
Please contact the school on 01794 514494 should you require more information about our improvement plans.